Is it necessary to clean and disinfect the water storage tank?
- If a regular inspection reveals that it is needed.
- If the system or a section of it has been significantly changed or entered for maintenance or repair purposes in a way that might result in pollution, or
- During or after a Legionellosis outbreak or suspected outbreak.
“The risk from exposure to Legionella should be prevented or controlled; precautions include keeping the system and the water in it clean.”ACoP L8, paragraph190.
When there is obvious evidence of any of the following, cleaning and disinfection of the tank and services is recommended:
Corrosion (recommended for tank placement)
What occurs during a cleaning and disinfection?
Clean and disinfection services are provided in accordance with ACoP L8 and in compliance with the processes described in BS855468:2015.
- An engineer will come to your site and conduct an initial evaluation to see whether any extra health and safety precautions are necessary.
- The cold water storage tank and associated pump sets must be isolated.
- Drain the tank completely and do a physical clean to perfect aesthetic standards.
- Chemical cleaning using silver-based hydrogen peroxide – utilizing this chemical cuts the amount of water needed to be ‘dumped’ in half when compared to standard techniques.
- Where applicable, use alternative chemicals such as chlorine and bio/oil dispersants.
- Full system disinfection, including all assets and pipe work, if needed, with chemical levels measured at every outlet to guarantee effective disinfection.
- TVC, e-coli, coliform, and Legionella tests were performed by a UKAS approved laboratory.
- Disinfection certificate and sample results for your log book are provided.
Why choose Summerland Water Tank Sdn Bhd” for your clean and disinfections?
- We’ve seen it all: With over 20 years of expertise in the field, our engineers have faced a broad range of site challenges, so you can be confident that we will propose the most effective solution for your needs.
- Remedial work and tank renovation: In addition to scheduled maintenance, our expertise as a tank manufacturer and trained plumbers allows us to identify and provide reactive works efficiently and cost efficiently while maintaining an extremely high-quality service.
- Responsive and reassuring: In the case of any out-of-range microbiological tests, we have strict processes in place to rectify the issue, including fast tracking action when feasible and site response.
- Dedicated account management team: We utilize an in-house customer relationship database that gives reminders to our account management team to guarantee we maintain your system clean.